Town Government

TOWN BOARD Information CLICK HERE – If you are interested in receiving a copy of the agenda for an upcoming Town Board meeting and a copy of the minutes from the previous meeting, contact the town clerk by telephone or email at


Namakagon Town Hall

Office Hours

Monday -Thursday: 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM

The office will be closed Tuesday, November 21st and Thursday, November 23rd

For specific appointments please –

Call, Text or E-mail the Town Clerk – Laura Bjork

Office- 715-794-2651

Cell- 715-413-0406

Fax- 715-794-2920




An ordinance is an authoritative rule or law of the Town Board. They are generally used for regulating or prohibiting certain types of conduct or actions on the part of citizens. Ordinances may have penalties for failure to comply.

This website will include a listing of all the ordinances, regulations, and resolutions passed by the Town Board. This site does not constitute an official posting of these documents but they are made available as information to residents and other interested persons. Official copies of any or all of the ordinances are available by contacting the town clerk. The Board is currently reviewing and revising many ordinances. Some of the newly revised ordinances may be viewed on this site. Others will be added in the coming months.



Regulations provide directions for how citizens may comply with an ordinance. This could include but is not limited to forms to be completed or fees to be paid.



A resolution is a formal determination or expression of opinion of the Town Board. Resolutions are generally used to establish an internal policy position that may or may not affect the general public.



Weenie RoastTown of Namakagon Transfer Facility for Residents (Garbage Depot)

The Town of Namakagon operates a garbage transfer site, recycling program, construction demolition site and a leaf/brush disposal site in an effort to help maintain a safe and clean community. Information about site hours, services, and costs is available (see regulations)


BURNING PERMITS – Permits are required for burning barrels and open burning. Permits and information on burning restrictions may be obtained from Henry Rieckhoff, Fire Chief, at Mogasheen Resort (715-794-2113) or from Rondeau’s (hardware side, 715-798-3211).  Yearly permits are available on line at Wisconsin DNR:


FIREWORKS PERMITS – Permits must be obtained at least 2-days prior to use. Permits are available through the deputy clerk’s office (715-794-2651, cell- 715-413-0406, FAX: 715-794-2920). Permits purchased when obtaining fireworks are not valid in the town.       Fireworks Permit            Fireworks Ordinance


CONSTRUCTION – Building permits are required and may be obtained from Bayfield County Zoning at the courthouse in Washburn.  Currently, a representative from Zoning is in the office at the Cable Business Center on Thursday.  For further information, contact Zoning at 715-373-6138.

Uniform Dwelling Code permits are required for construction of inhabitable buildings, please contact the town deputy clerk (office:715-794-2651,cell: 715-413-0406, FAX: 715-794-2920) for an application.

Namakagon FYI 2020-2021

DisclaimerThe notices, agendas, minutes and events on the Town of Namakagon website are for informational purposes only.  They may not be the most current version, and are therefore NOT considered the official or legal copy.